Default Music Player Starts on it's own when using aux cable/headphones...

Last Updated:

1. ozzy78

ozzy78 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can help as I really love my Hero but I'm afraid it's going to to go out the window unless I can get this problem solved...!!

Basically when connecting my phone to my car's aux in socket, the music player starts up & plays over whatever else is happening. As an example, if I want to listen to a podcast on Beyondpod, the moment it starts playing, the music player kicks in & plays whatever track was last being played. I use Taskiller to close it down but it's starts up again after a few mins or even seconds. It also occasionally dials the last number I called, just to really wind me up.

Anyone else experienced this or is it just me? It also occasionally does this when watching a video with headphones in.

Advertisement
  2. david83

david83 Well-Known Member

I can't help however I am having a similiar/the same problem.

When I'm watching a video using Meridian media player, I plug my headphones in and a few seconds later the default music player kicks in and starts playing whatever music I was listening to last. I've tried the same as you with taskiller but no luck it just starts up again.

When it happened the other night, whilst frantically pressing buttons trying to sort it out, my phone dialled the last number I called which happened to be my girlfriends parents house, it was 1am ... oops. This has only happened once though and I thought it was because I pressed too many buttons causing the phone to lag and then catch up, thus causing the mis-dial. However reading your post leads me to believe the two issues are connected.

3. ozzy78

ozzy78 Member This Topic's Starter

Just got this back from HTC customer services. Arse, on all counts really....

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email. The issue you have described is a result of the car system that you are connecting to, and it is highly recommended that you do not attempt to use the phone with this car system any longer, as it may result in damage to your handset. As for 2.1, this is possibly going to released in the next few months, however as with all software developments, this is subject to change. Please regularly check our website for more information regarding this.

Kind Regards,

Anthony M
    HTC

4. reniljackson

reniljackson New Member

Ozzy it's good that you have written the solution for your problem, as this might be a problem to many of us and finally by seeing your solution our problems can also be solved.