• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Default notification sounds

I am having the same issue with multiple "join hangout" notification sounds populating in the music folder of my alarms. when i browsed to the notification folder, only 2 were listed with slightly different names. i erased both, but i still have 30 of these sounds populating my music list. any other ideas? besides reset device, i can deal if that's the case...

hokay, so.. more research, i found out that you can have several folders called "notifications" or "ringtones" anywhere on the sd and regardless of the path it can cause duplicates. but i checked this as well and i really only have one copy of each file name (when hooking up via usb and browsing). Is there a log file somewhere that possibly dictates a list of music?

it seems that the instances of duplicates directly coincides with the amount of failed attempts i have had to sync to pc using HTC sync manager. using a windows 7 pro 64 bit machine, htc sync never sync'd successfully and fails to recognize device in most cases, so just stopped trying after awhile, even with help from htc.

just want these files gone...

Upvote 0
I am having the same issue with multiple "join hangout" notification sounds populating in the music folder of my alarms. when i browsed to the notification folder, only 2 were listed with slightly different names. i erased both, but i still have 30 of these sounds populating my music list. any other ideas? besides reset device, i can deal if that's the case...

hokay, so.. more research, i found out that you can have several folders called "notifications" or "ringtones" anywhere on the sd and regardless of the path it can cause duplicates. but i checked this as well and i really only have one copy of each file name (when hooking up via usb and browsing). Is there a log file somewhere that possibly dictates a list of music?

it seems that the instances of duplicates directly coincides with the amount of failed attempts i have had to sync to pc using HTC sync manager. using a windows 7 pro 64 bit machine, htc sync never sync'd successfully and fails to recognize device in most cases, so just stopped trying after awhile, even with help from htc.

just want these files gone...

I am actually having this same issue with my Galaxy Note II and can't figure out how to remove the extra's that are showing up. Overall I removed all the content I have uploaded and the duplicates remian.

Upvote 0
Hokay, so...

go to settings>apps>all> scroll down to "media storage" and clear data

Then reboot!

Presto, all duplicates gone! :D

It took a few minutes to re associate pictures in albums, etc. but this seems to have solved it for me.

If you have doubts, a back up of your media wouldn't be a bad idea, but it shouldn't actually purge anything from your device, seems to just be a type of log file that tells the device where media is stored.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones