Default (own) contact sync with google?

Last Updated:

1. marky9074

marky9074 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have now deleted all my phone contacts and am managing everything in google. So when I click on people, only one contact comes up.... myself. Yet for some reason this does not link with google, so it's not syncing my picture or details...

Anybody know how I can do this? You cannot delete the main contact.. though I can add myself as a new phone contact... (but then I would have two.. :cool:)

Advertisement
  2. Monsteur

Monsteur Member

Have you checked that your Google account is set to sync contacts? I can't remember if it does this by default or whether you have to select it manually.

If you check in Settings -> Accounts & sync, then select your Google account, does it have a tick beside Sync contacts?

3. marky9074

Yes! It syncs all contacts apart from my own contact...

4. Monsteur

Monsteur Member

Sorry, I misread what you were trying to do. You're trying to sync your phone contacts with Google, not the other way round.

Can't help you with that one. I was trying to do the same with Calendar so I could copy my sync'd Outlook entries onto my Google calendar but couldn't see how to do that either.

5. Monsteur

Monsteur Member

6. marky9074

Well, not technically...

All my contacts 'are' in google (I have no phone contacts), it's just the default contact i.e. my own contact card which can not be deleted and for some reason does not sync with google...

7. marky9074

Amazing... reading the manual it automatically links to facebook, but not to google...

Setting up My contact card

My contact card provides a convenient way to store your personal contact information so that you can easily send it via SMS, MMS, email, or Bluetooth.

Press HOME, and then tap > People.

On the All tab of the People screen, tap Me, and then tap Tap here to edit contact.

If you are logged in to your Facebook account through Facebook for HTC Sense, instead of Me, you will see your the name you use in Facebook.

8. marky9074

Where are the photos stored that are synced on the phone? Is that on the SD card somewhere?

9. marky9074

Had a look around the card and cannot find the contact photos anywhere.. :(