Default Ringtone selector?Support

Last Updated:

1. hsh.shawn

hsh.shawn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I accidentally clicked use as default and selected the standard ringtone package. I would like to clear the default for this so i can use custom ringtones again but cannot for the life of me find what default i need to clear to bring that dialogue back up to choose another option.

Rooted running fresh 3.3 and launcher pro if that matters

Anyone got any insight i have tried clearing settings data and numerous others to no avail

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Darned if I could find it either. Seems like no one knows the answer. I did come across this however, and now use it myself:

Rings Extended - Android app on AppBrain

3. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

I found the "real" answer to the question.

To find "Android System," you must go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>

Once there, you must select the Menu again...the option on the right is for Filter.

Select Filter and choose All.

Then you will be able to scroll down and select Android System.

On that screen you'll see Launch by default.

Select Clear defaults button.

Back to being able to choose. :)

filatelisti and hsh.shawn like this.
  4. hsh.shawn

hsh.shawn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow thank you I found an ap that did it for me but this Is helpful for the future

5. pseudoname

pseudoname Member

?
    I can't find any of that, it looks like the only option is to force stop. its version2.3.4 if that matters, and these instructions were for the "mytouch" right?

6. pseudoname

pseudoname Member

nevermind, i found it. it was com.htc.app that had to get its defaults cleared to choose a different ringer selector. was on another website.

7. roiikkata

roiikkata New Member

i just found it on my samsung galaxy s2. its called "media storage" (or something similar ..
    im just posting this cuz someone looking for it (like me) might find it useful since there are so many people out there customizing stuff on their phones right now

i know this thread is a couple years old but still, i just had to scroll through the whole list and find out which one it was, and, to my knowledge i found it!

i didnt want to reset EVERYTHING i had already set .. and i know android well enough to guess the right one . .

so .. there you go ..

clearing the defaults of "media storage" clears that problematic accidental click that alot of people made when they first got their phones (or the people not liking the newer android os) and sets everything for the ringtones opening by default, blah blah blah ..

your welcome haha . . - _ ^

Mikestony likes this.