Default SMS App Question..Tips

Last Updated:

1. dohmai

dohmai Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been using the default SMS program since I'm OK with it and don't really need the fancier customizable stuff of Handcent and such.

However one thing that does bother me about the SMS program is that when I hit "Messages" it brings me back to the conversation of the LAST person I was txting with/I sent txt to, NOT the SMS that just came in.

For ex: I've been texting Person A back and forth. Then I get a txt from Person B- I see it in the notification bar preview. So I press Messages, but it doesn't take me to Person B's message- it takes me back to the thread from Person A.

I can't even figure out HOW to get to the Person B message except to go to "Menu" key, then hit All Messages... then it shows all the threads and of course the most recent (person B) is up at top.

But wouldn't it make sense that pressing Messages after receiving a message takes you to the most recent incoming message?

Am I doing something wrong/have some options checked off wrong?

Is there a way around this default behavior?

Thanks

Also please do not just suggest I dl handcent!

Advertisement
  2. spar10

spar10 Well-Known Member

i'm in the same boat and feel it seems like it's not real thought out.

another thing i don't like is that the text messages will show up on the screen even when it's locked. what's the point of security if anyone can see an incoming text? sloppy in my book.

3. bantaa

bantaa New Member

if you didnt leave the last conversation you were in, it will take you back to that conversation rather than the newest one when you hit messages.

also, to get back to all messages, just hit the back key.

4. PrimoOptimoso

PrimoOptimoso Well-Known Member

While on the subject: Why is it that if I'm *in* a text conversation, and a new message comes in, the notification at the top and the LED blinker come up and don't go away until I specifically drag down the bar and clear it? I saw the message itself in the messaging app; the thing should recognize that I did.

5. dohmai

dohmai Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the clarifications.. will check it out.

In the meantime I did dl handcent and will try that out too.