Default SMS to Handscent SMS

Last Updated:

1. slballard

slballard Active Member This Topic's Starter

I switched from the default SMS to handscent SMS recently and I like everything but one little thing. When I get a text, two notifications appear in the top left corner. Once I answer the text, the handscent notification goes away, but the other mail notification will stay until I get another text message or clear all notifications. Is there a setting I have to change to only get one notification? Does this have anything to do with the fact that I had the popup message setting turned on so that every time I got a text a window popped up on my phone allowing me to answer the text much quicker than actually opening up Handscent messaging. Can anyone help me solve this problem? I just uninstalled it because of this reason, but if I can fix it, I would love to reinstall it and use it again.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. SHADCHA

SHADCHA Member

Slballard, You must go into the default SMS options and disable notification and auto retrieve and it should work just fine. I am currently using Handcent and works great. Hope that helps.

3. slballard

slballard Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you very much. That helped a lot. I tried everything but that, it seems.

4. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Also make sure you set Handcent to auto retrieve mms

5. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

Hey I just got this EVO and I got Handscent... I don't know where the default SMS options are? I guess I need to look harder. And someone said on Handscent make sure it's checked to auto receive MMS. I don't see an auto retreive MMS option just auto retreive messages I think. I know this is an old thread but this is all new to me. And my friend got it to work where he's not getting double messages from both apps and he forgot what setting he went under.

6. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

OT but I love your avatar. I want it as a wallpaper lol

7. ronbien

ronbien Well-Known Member

In Handcent, hit the star in the upper right hand corner and select FAQ's.
    Read the second and third ones, they will tell you how to disable the original SMS app. and set Handcent as default.
    Good Luck!

8. yellagirl730

yellagirl730 Active Member

Does anyone know of a way you can be notified when sms or mms is read, and what is the difference between sms and mms? I went to receive reports and chkd it along with read reports. Please help. TIA