Default to external storageSupport

1. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

How do get items that I download to a) download directly to the SD card and b) read from the SD card by default? Also, if I use the internal storage, what happens when I run out of space and have to use the SD card?

Advertisement
  2. mrodela

mrodela New Member

From what I've seen, Mavrik, apps can't be easily moved to the external SD card. There's no app for that. App 2 SD Pro just moves them into internal storage. I'd like someone to prove me wrong, but I've seen nothing.

A few months ago, I was running out of internal storage so a moved some apps manually. I plugged my phone into my computer and did some dragging and dropping. The apps still worked, but after a short amount of time my Razr started randomly rebooting. I couldn't find a fix after a couple of weeks so I did a factory reset and started over. I haven't had a problem since the factory reset so I won't be doing that again!

I will, however, try moving ONE app to the external SD card using Astro File Manager. I'll wait a week and let you know what happens. I'm not rooted and as far as I know these phones don't spontaneously combust, so I'm not too worried about consequences.
  3. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Well-Known Member

To set it to download to the SD card...from the browser, touch menu key (far left capacitive button), select "more", scroll down to settings, scroll down to "preferred storage"...select the SD card.
  4. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

Thanks