• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

default to Save pics/music/etc to Micro SD?

blazeplacid

Jul 1, 2010
DFW TX
I bought my Skyrocket this weekend and recenlty bought a 16gb micro SD card.

I understand the phone has on board memory but I had already loaded my music onto the 16GB card.

Is there a way to have new pictures (taken by the phone) and/or new music sent directly to the 16GB SD card?

I bought my Skyrocket this weekend and recenlty bought a 16gb micro SD card.

I understand the phone has on board memory but I had already loaded my music onto the 16GB card.

Is there a way to have new pictures (taken by the phone) and/or new music sent directly to the 16GB SD card?

I know the camera has this as an option in the settings. The music app you use may as well

Upvote 0
Think of android as a base system.. customizable by add on apps

Most settings will be app specific.

I use an app called mix zing for music. Though it does not let you decide where the music is it does allow you to specify where to look for it.

Other than that I keep mine organized by drag and drop from a PC or moving them occasionally from the phone with a file manager like astro.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones