Default web browser quits right away

Last Updated:

1. The_Source41

The_Source41 Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the vibrant 2 days ago and so far I love it. This is my first android phone and am not sure how to fix this problem. I woke up this morning and now my web browser wont work. It opens and starts loading my homepage which is only google and right when its about to fully load the web browser quits. And I know it quits because I have to reload when I open it again. I have tried turning the phone off and on and also making sure task killer isnt doing it. Does anyone know whats causing this? And sorry if this is the wrong forum. I am new here :)

Hope I can fix this.

Thanks
    Sam

Advertisement
  2. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

Let me guess it only happens on the mobile view of Google homepage doesn't it? I reported this a few days ago..the post is in the above bugs thread on PG two. You are the only other person claiming the same thing as me. Please read my post ill copy and paste it here...is this what happens to yours?

"Okay, I just discovered a very strange bug. It envoles GPS and the mobile version of google.com, not the desktop view of google.com, but the mobile view.

okay, so if your vibrant phone has GPS problems, like my new vibrant does.
    Also if you go into the stock browser and turn on "enable location," and have your gps on.
    Next, when you go to mobile google.com, google will try to find your location, it will say something like "aquiring location," since our vibrants have GPS problems, the web browser will actually just exit, and go to your home screen.

this problem is only with mobile google.com, if you go to desktop view of google.com, it doesn't cause a forced shut down of the browser.

strange.

another odd bug, maybe 1 in 5 tries... when i click on messages, instead of taking me into text messages, it opens up my camera application."

3. The_Source41

This is whats happiming to me yes. Except I have gps off for battery reasons. Has there been a fix yet?

4. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

No fix..me and you are the only two reporting. The problem. It happens even with GPS off and only happens with mobile view of Google.com.... the fix so far is to not use mobile Google.com. instead copy the link for desktop view into your browser setting homepage settings.

Here is the link, do a long hold on the link then copy URL link and paste into your homepage settings.
    Google

Copy and paste that to your homepage settings...the problem is fixed fir now.

5. The_Source41

Alright. Thanks for the help!

6. galaxyS

galaxyS Well-Known Member

uncheck "enable plug-ins" on your web browser settings..