defective unit?

Last Updated:

1. Santamoose

Santamoose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Touchscreen unresponsive/sluggish/violently twitching without me touching. Acts like its been possessed. Tried reboot. Messaging app constantly force closing. Phone oberall acting like shit. Wasn't doing this til about a week ago.

Rbattery has decharged in under 2 hours as well. Wtf is going on? I still can't believe the phone lags this much on website text fields either.

Advertisement
  2. Santamoose

Santamoose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can type this better now that I'm at a real PC..

My phone started to act very bizarre today. The notification bar would open itself, twitching violently. Phone would react in unpredictable fashion if were to simply try and switch homescreens or tap the back button.

The phone will go between states of working fine and going completely batsh*t on me. No idea what could possibly be causing this..

3. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

I noticed my phone acted a little goofy last week... but I was out on a motorcycle all day in 95 degree heat.

4. megaera

megaera Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/92893-moto-droid-touchscreen-problem.html There are a bunch of reasons that can make this happen ranging from 3rd party chargers to humidity to static electricity charge you might be carrying to an application that doesn't play well with others. You're not the first person with this problem, and trust me, you won't be the last. So here are some troubleshooting questions:

Does this happen when the phone is hooked up to the charger?

Are you using the Motorola charger that came with the phone?

Has the screen gotten wet or damp (this can have an effect even if the moisture indicators don't register anything)?

I know this sounds odd, but does it happen in rooms with carpet, and if so, does grounding help? Touch something like a wall outlet and then try to use the phone.

Are you using a screen protector?

Have you recently downloaded a new app?

Run through the list. This is a pain, but it's sort of a process of elimination thing to figure out what's causing it. Sometimes, I think the phone is sentient and tired of waiting to take over the world, so it acts out.