Defective

Last Updated:

1. rshinkle

rshinkle Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to start off by saying that I LOVE my cliq. BUT... I've gone through 2 defective phones and just got my 3rd replacement. Problems Ive had... freezes, market freezes, cant answer calls, sends txts to people other than the recipient I typed, mind of its own type behavior, buttons on the screen light up like im pressing them when Im not touching them at all. Tons of wierd stuff. I was wondering if anyone else has had any of these problems. Am I just unlucky enough to get 2 deffective phones in a row? or is this just something I have to live with? ALSO... when are we getting 2.1. lol thanks for the info everyone.

Advertisement
  2. rshinkle

rshinkle Member This Topic's Starter

Bump... Its been a long time come on guys answer this one for me. Dont be ashamed to admit ur phone sucks like mine does.

3. InitialG

InitialG Well-Known Member

I've seen some people on here that has gone through a few CLIQs.

4. Eris Lover

Eris Lover Well-Known Member

Are'nt those all normal problems?

5. VR Gear

VR Gear Member

I'm getting ready to take my both wife's and my Cliq in. We're having similar problems. In addition, my wife's proximity sensor doesn't seem to be working, so she's constantly hanging up on people when speaking on the phone.

I've got another annoying and potentially hazardous problem, and that is that the phones make calls all on their own. At first I thought it was me jostling the phone when it was in my pocket, but I put a gesture lock on and now always lock it before putting it in my pocket.

A couple weeks ago, my wife and I were sleeping and my phone rang. It was my wife's Cliq calling mine. Both phones were sitting on the nightstand charging when this happened.

A couple days ago I was in my gmail account, and I deleted an e-mail. When I did that, the phone dialed my son-in-law. I hung up immediately, but he called me back. When he called, I couldn't answer because the slider wouldn't respond, like it has many times before when it was locked. The only thing is, even though I couldn't answer the phone, my son-in-law could hear everything we were saying. I should note that I did put the phone to my ear to make sure it hadn't answered.

My son-in-law called me back about a half hour later saying that I had called the home phone, but I wasn't even using the phone; it was sitting on the kitchen table from after my last conversation speaking with him.

I am now experiencing a new inconsistent problem. The phone will lose signal for wireless services, seemingly randomly. I'll go to read some news and it will show no connection to the carrier. The only thing that seems to fix the problem is a reboot. It's not that I'm out of wireless range when this happens; it just stops receiving.

I also have my settings set to have the phone notify me when I am in wireless range, but it never does.

I do like the concept of the device, but as a phone for business, I'm not very happy with the inconsistent behavior of the product.

I also wish I could get rid of the Motorola-adulterated Android OS. I am not a social network user, and I'm tired of waiting for Motorola to get their act together with the software.

So... no, you're not alone with the problems.

- Z -