Defense: Cincinnati vs. Chicago

Last Updated:

1. howetechnical

howetechnical Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've got the option of having Chicago drop Cincinnati on my fantasy team (benched, as Philly is on my starting line), but I'm just not sure if I want that or not. I keep going back and forth with the decision. On one hand, Chicago D ranks higher according to NFL.com by about 5 spots, but Cincinnati's not dealing with any major injuries right now. Can Urlacher (if he returns soon) do enough to keep the Bears D in line without Hillenmeyer for the rest of the season? Will Cincinnati pull some crazy *%^ out of their behinds and win games not only with Ochicinco but also with great D, like they have sporadically done in the past? I honestly don't know which D to go with.

Little help, please :cool:

Advertisement
  2. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Urlacher played last game. He has been back... Bears have a better D overall but not by to much anymore. Comes down to match ups. No reason really not to play philly D when your other options are bengals and bears.

3. howetechnical

howetechnical Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, Philly will stay in as long as they're not in a bye week, which is week 8. Looks like Cincinnati has a slightly easier matchup schedule for the season. Think it's a safe bet to keep em? I'm still on the fence.

Things to consider: Chicago bye week is also 8. Cincinnati is week 6.

4. VegasOnAcid

ehh week 8 is a long way away. If I dont get a top 3 D I just roll with the ones that dont get picked up. Last year I had incredible luck playing match ups. Was murdering people with last min FA pick ups. 49ers, seahawks ect ect.

5. Ninja Monkey

Ninja Monkey Well-Known Member

Roll with Philly. That's what I'm doing. They should feast on my Lions this week. :(

6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I think that answers you question right there. If Chicago is your back up you still need something for week 8 when Philly goes on bye. Cincy should be fine. Miami visits Cincy week 8 and thats as good as anything else out there likely

7. VegasOnAcid

Miami not a bad team at all tho. Not good.. but not unable to light up the bengals. But ya.. week 8 long ways away. Should reevaluate at that time. In the mean time Philly is fine.

8. smacky

smacky Banned

Hopefully you went with Cincy, although the Bears didn't do too bad, save for giving up quite a bit of points.