DeFroSt (A2SD+)

Last Updated:

1. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First of all, what an amazing ROM! I tried Cyanogen but it crashed like 50 times in a single day and eventually just got stuck in a boot-crash cycle. It also managed to get me lost by crashing and rebooting 3 times while I was trying to navigate to somewhere literally 20mins down the road. Awful....

Anyway, I'm pleased to say DeFroSt is a quadrillion times better, fastest thing I've ever seen on a mobile platform too. Anyone thinking of going Vanilla should DEFINITELY give this a go.

Quick question about A2SD+ though, I've got an ext partition on my SD card already, will it be used automatically? How does it work in conjunction with Froyos A2SD?

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

It will be used automatically. Leave froyo move to SD alone.

Quick system info from market gives good a2SD usage stats

3. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Agreed Froyo a2sd dose not move to ext partition but a hidden folder on the fat formatted partition. This is fine but the delvik cache, user app data and app cache is all left on the phones hard drive. Also when the phone gets plugged into a usb port and mounted froyo will disable those apps moved there while the card is connected to pc.

And to answer the main bulk of your question any rom that has A2SD or A2SD+ enabled in its scripts will automatically make use of the ext partition.

4. drbee

drbee New Member

Hello guys,

If you format the ext partition after the rom install, will it use it automatically on reboot or do I have to reflash the rom?

Thanks!

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I would have thought that you have to reflash the rom, but not 100% sure. That said, its safer that way anyway.

You could always titanium backup though. When titanium restores, it is actually installing apps, so if reflashed, they will go to the right place.

6. drbee

drbee New Member

Ok, I just partition my SD card and Defrost 6.0 has automatically started using it. So no need fo re-flash :D. I backed up the SD, Format it FAT32(I did it from recovery) Format the partition with Rom manager ext, and at reboot it was already using it. I restored my SD backup but I had to reinstall the applications that were on the SD because they were not recognized anymore. Not a problem because I had a Titanium backup and in this way it installed them already in the correct partition.

Cheers