1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Defualt Messaging App Can't Disable Popups

Last Updated:

1. Soup123

Soup123 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a new Samsung Captivate, I switched over from a Samsung Vibrant, not a drastic switch.

I have installed Handcent SMS installed. I have the Handcent Popup and Notifications set. I have disabled the default messaging app's Notifications and Auto-retrieve. I no longer get notifications from the default but still get a pop up from both Handcent and the default. I still receive both the default app pop up and the Handcent pop up. I never had this problem with my Vibrant. I can't find anyway to stop this and am at a standstill. Thank you for any help.

Soup

Advertisement
  2. Soup123

Still need help please.

Thanks

3. Soup123

Still looking for some help.

Thank you.

4. Soup123

Help wanted still. Anything.

Thanks.

5. kat3k

kat3k Well-Known Member

It's an ongoing problem that I and others have as well. You have done everything you can by disabling the stock notifications. That works for some, but not for all. I have Evo, but some Evos have no problems. I would say it's a handcent problem and hope they will fix it.

Soup123 likes this.
  6. Soup123

Thank you for your help. Strangely the default app does not show the name of the person from my phone book. Only the phone number. Similar issue with you?

7. kat3k

kat3k Well-Known Member

Not exactly. My biggest complaint was double message notifications, from stock and handcent. But if you read the comments at the market, some of the problems are pretty scary. I thought it was perfect until the last couple of updates, which is when my problem started. But if you do a search, you'll see maaannnny.

I'm using the paid version of Chomp (you might try that, as it's very similar) and have no problems, but check back on Handcent every now and then to see if it's fixed.

8. Soup123

Thanks. Tried chomp same issue.

9. kat3k

kat3k Well-Known Member

Now that astounds me, as it solved my problem, and I haven't seen any similar complaints about chomp. But it's one more clue toward a solution - deductive reasoning and all.

I'm wondering if there is some kind of conflict with another installed, unrelated program for those of us having the problem. I have been using calendar pad pro, installed some note taking program which instantly totally scrambled the calendar program. Uninstalled note taking and calendar instantly returned to normal. Something to consider., but it doesn't help you for right now.

10. x8droid

x8droid New Member

I have same problem on my Xperia X8