Defy issues, help!Support

Last Updated: 2011-01-10 00:46:55
  1. J4d3

J4d3 New Member

Hi,

I recently purchased this phone and it's awesome! Rephrase: It WAS awesome. Then, one day, it decided to start crashing. Constantly. I couldn't take pictures and then look at the roll; could run only a very slim selection of apps without failure. Then for some reason, it would attempt to restart itself and freeze on startup. This could only be resolved by removing/replacing the battery. Even then, it would only function well for a couple minutes upon turning it on.

I took it back today and exchanged it for a new one. This one was working fine too. Until I plugged it in to charge and it didn't allow me to use while on the charger. It made me miss my old broken one.

I like this phone and want to keep it if I can solve these issues. Is it mere coincidence that these phones were both having issues? Or is it something more (i.e. sim, phone itself, something else)?:confused:

Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisement
  2. BobbyPhoenix

BobbyPhoenix Well-Known Member

Are you using the charger that came with it? Aftermarket chargers seem to have negative effects on phones.
  3. Sefriel

Sefriel Member

Where are you? Can you take it back in to the shop? Vodafone and 3 in the UK are pretty good about exchanging phones. Possibly a software reset issue, but if it's a third party charger then it may not be charging possibly.

My house is a 3-android house, and our other phones are both HTC. The HTC charger charges at a much slower rate than the Motorola charger, and if I try using a micro-usb charger for my bluetooth headset the HTCs will charge VERY slowly (as in overnight) and the Moto loses charge! Same with trying to charge from a USB on a laptop.

Check your charger, as the above poster says. All the best with it.
    TerryMorgan61 likes this.