1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Delay Between Songs

1. thegift_curse

thegift_curse Well-Known Member

So I'm listening to my music on the Droid and notice that the songs have a varying delay between them. Sometimes its not very noticeable and other times it's almost a full second delay before the next song plays. I was wondering, what causes this? Is it the phone itself or does it have to do with the song files? On my computer there is never a delay, each song plays continuously one immediately after the other.

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Seems like the music player doesn't support gapless playback.

It seems easy enough, just start loading the next song before the current one ends...but it was a design decision I guess.

I notice it too, but it doesn't bother me all that much.
  3. thegift_curse

thegift_curse Well-Known Member

Yeah, so then the problem is with the player then. It doesn't bother me much either I was just wondering, thanks.
  4. randy0242

randy0242 Member

It bothers the h*ll outta me!! I listn to DJ mixes from all over the world and it just ruins the mixes with a 1-2 sec gao in between songs!!

I am on the continous search for a gapless playback app for the Droid Eris or the Nexus One!!!

Anyone?
    R0242
  5. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

I'm a worship pastor and have many songs that are broken up into several files to make it easy to start at different rehearsal marks. Not having gapless playback makes the Droid useless for rehearsals.