• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Delay going back to home screen...Moto Droid

Chuck1906

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2009
I see other people are having this same issue and nobody seems to have any concrete answers.

I am getting tired of the 10 or sometimes up to 30 seconds it takes to return to the home screen after closing out of a text message or using an app. My screen is blank and I cannot do anything in that time frame.

My main home screen is filled with shortcut widgets but the other 3 screens are not filled up completely. Actually I removed a bunch off those screens thinking it would speed things up.

Now I will say I have been having an ongoing issue with the LOW PHONE SPACE, and TEXT MESSAGE MEMORY FULL notifications popping up. I am still trying to figure out what is eating up so much space but I think I may have figured something out the other day. I noticed I had my K-9 Email set to store messages on the phone.

I used a Cache Cleaner and cleared the phone's cache completely. When I opened K-9 again, I had to set it up completely from scratch and saw where I can set the storage to the SD card. So far so good and haven't been getting those notifications but that doesn't explain the delay getting the home screen back up though.

Well, the motorola droid 1 is laggy to behind with it only has a 512ghz processor and a 256mb of ram which is super slow for smartphones and the ram that it uses is shared with applications. so my suggestion would be if you have verizon insurance get it replaced immediately and you can ask for a droid 2, droid 2 global,droid r2d2, maybe a dx

Upvote 0
Chuck1906... Have you found a solution for the delay problem yet? My Droid, which I've had for two years, just began the problem about two weeks ago and I can't figure out what to do. Running 2.2.2 and have a 32 gig micro sdcard (or whatever it's called) That's the only problem I have, but it sometimes takes up to 45 seconds for the icons to reappear. Thank you. Harold

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones