delay in receiving sms messagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. scranson

scranson New Member This Topic's Starter

i have the x10 on orange and have been experiencing problems receiving (or not as the case maybe) sms, it can take hours for a txt to come through and then usually half a dozen arrive at the same time, anybody else had a problem with this? and does anyone know what causes it and what i can do to fix it?

cheers guys

Advertisement
  2. Jcbpnl

Jcbpnl Active Member

Are you in an area with low signal? Sounds like the phone might be unable to connect and then when it finally "checks in" it downloads all the messages missed at once.

3. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Hey this happened to me before but with an older phone (W960i). The problem with mine was actually the sim card, have you tried another sim card and send a text to it and see if your phone receives it?

4. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

I concur with those above.. Sounds like your carrier is the culprit, but could be a SIM as well. I would take a gander at your signal strength when you send it and after for about 15 minutes, if they usually respond back that quick. Good Luck!

5. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Did you find a fix?

6. ankh

ankh Well-Known Member

Hi mate

I have the same problem as well. Im with Orange and so is my friend with the x10 mini and we are both receiving SMS late and having missed calls. I think that its Orange network is rubbish. If it contiues then I will look into finishing my contract.

My signal strengh is fine as well so its nothing to do with that. Orange are just crap

7. angelahp

angelahp Member

I was on orange uk - I had this problem with Nokia N97, Blackberry Curve and Xperia X10i

I've talked nicely to orange, yelled at them, threatened and begged, and after trying several permutations of getting a half decent signal with them under their advice, i just gave up - there will be no recourse with them, no chance of getting out of your contract unless you pay your way out of it. It's a disgraceful service.

I was told by one orange customer service rep that texts to my phone seem to be disappearing into a black hole, but they should get sent through eventually. 6 hours later i received over 30 text messages, 2 of which were very important, and this happened many many times, what can i say, my blood pressure hit the roof .... too much to bear .... i slung my sim card in a drawer and took out another contract with another operator, so yes, i'm paying