Delay of tones entered using "p" (for voicemail passwords)Support

Last Updated:

1. kjarrett

kjarrett Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Having two issues. First, can't figure out how to edit the 'default' *86 to add p1234# to the number so it sends my VM password.

So, I created a new contact called VM and gave it *86p1234# as a number but when I call it the delay is loonnnnnnnnnng...I hear "please enter your password" three times before the tones are sent. What gives?

TIA,

-kj-

Advertisement
  2. jazztalker

jazztalker Well-Known Member

Menu - settings - call - voicemail settings - tap on where it lists your voicemail number

You should be all set.

3. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

I this set up as well and had the same issues. Sometimes it would go really quickly and sometimes it would take forever, like you said. I got fed up with it and changed back to normal. I can deal with entering the 4 digits.

4. jazztalker

Sometimes I'll notice a delay (or lack of tones being sent at all) too. It seems like if I take the phone away from my head and the display lights up then they get sent. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or it's just a coincidence.

kjarrett likes this.
  5. kjarrett

Did that but I am still given a choice to 'set up visual voicemail' - so I have to tap once more. How do I get rid of that so it calls immediately?

The contact I set up via Shortcut works as intended - just calls the number and sends the tones, eventually...

6. kjarrett

Too funny! If I move the phone away from my ear as soon as I hear 'please enter your password' the tones are sent immediately. Thanks!

7. jazztalker

That one I'm not sure about. There might not be a way around that one using the stock voicemail app - your shortcut method sounds like the way I'd do it too.

Cool, glad that helped!

8. blw1230

blw1230 Active Member

Here's what I did. When I went into settings -> call -> VM settings. Mine reads without quotations, "*86, xxxx#". I read somewhere that each comma represents basically a second delay. I use one comma, but I've read where some people use three. I had to adjust mine because three commas took forever. So after the voice tells you to enter your password, a small box pops up as reads "Sending tones, xxxx#". Hope this helps.

kjarrett likes this.
  9. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

fyi, for those with google voicemail you need to use commas instead of a p. The more commas the longer the pause. I use 2 commas and works well. I tried using the standard voicemail with p and phone as a speakerphone and could not get it to work right.

10. kjarrett

Thanks, P and comma seem to have the same effect...

11. catlove

catlove New Member

Hi guys I'm new here . This is my first google phone. I had the same problem also the solution is after you dial the voice mail move the phone from your cheek and the Pause will release . I found out when the phone is close to you face it will not release the pass code. I hope this help.:D

12. tracerprix

tracerprix Well-Known Member

What if I want to insert a pause then add a extension? When I call work I need to dial 0 after a few moments.

13. mpavlovic

mpavlovic New Member

How come when i get to ur last step (voicemail #) i can't edit it??

it reads " +13065206245 " but it wont let me add anything. voicemail just keeps telling me my password is incorrect should i be adding something else in other than my 4 digit password?