• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Delay on text messages.

yea I get that too, and I contacted a VM support team member on Facebook that deals with the MT and he told me it was because of high traffic volume on the network at the time, and it has nothing to do with the MT.

Nice to know its not the phone but could use tweaking of the service when Im getting texts from 7am when its 8pm.. lol I thought my friends were ignoring me, and when their texts finally did come I was really confused cause they were random texts (at the time since i had text them 13hrs ago)

Upvote 0
So every time there's a high volume, we're going to get delayed txts? This has been happening to me for the last couple of days and its very annoying

you own a device that a few years ago wasnt thought to be physically possible to build. you can communicate with anyone on the planet wirelessly, and you are bothered by it?

everythings amazing and nobodies happy

Upvote 0
Funny when you pay more everything is perfect,using Virgin Mobile at a cheaper price then getting a contract plan.i never complained when i had it,but seeing that Virgin Mobiles phones and service are in going down the toilet i guess i am glad i jumped ship.

depends on your area. Sprint coverage here is better than the big carriers and VM gets good speeds on data.

just becuase you had a bad experience with them doesnt mean they are "going down the toilet".

Upvote 0
My text messages seem to be coming in late. This has been happening since yesterday and they don't come in on time. If I'm in a call with someone and they text me then i receive them. Is this just a network issue or phone related?
for me, it's phone related. I once have had Samsung Galaxy Y and I experienced delayed messages. for me to be sure if it's not phone related problem I bought sim cards and the messages are still delayed. Now I'm using samsung galaxy mini 2 and I'm still experiencing delayed messages.

Upvote 0
Delayed phone messages can be caused by network issues but often times there can be an issue with the phone itself and in these cases a person can fix it themselves without having to wait on hold with their phone company.

Check out How to fix delayed texts messages on your mobile phone, for some tips on how to fix this annoying issue.

One of the major things that can cause this is having too many saved messages on the phone that are causing the messaging feature to get all clogged up. Try cleaning/erasing your unneeded messages and see if your messaging works a little better.

Another weird yet common cause for this issue that I have seen is people that have just come from using an iPhone still have a feature on their Apple ID that is not allowing messages (especially from other iPhones) to come through to their Android phone properly. If you previously used an iPhone log into your Apple account and make sure this messaging feature is off.

~James~

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones