• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help deleating a "default" phone number

ok, i have placed 2 contact shortcuts on my desktop, contact 1 and contact 2, when i click contact 1, a small menu comes up and one option is phone, i select that and then a list of all the phone numbers appears (home, cell, fax) and i can select what number to call for that person, when i click on contact 2, a small menu appears, i select phone and it immediately dials the cell number for that person, no choice. i went into the regular contacts screen and found contact 2 and in the list of his phone numbers there is a small white check mark next to his cell number (i am assuming this is the default number and why it immediately dials this number)
my question is how do i delete the check mark and have no default number for a contact?
i have tried deleting the shortcut from the home screen but the check mark remains on the contact screen so it defaults back to the cell number when i re add it to the home screen.

any ideas? :thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones