deleating a "default" phone numberSupport

Last Updated:

1. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok, i have placed 2 contact shortcuts on my desktop, contact 1 and contact 2, when i click contact 1, a small menu comes up and one option is phone, i select that and then a list of all the phone numbers appears (home, cell, fax) and i can select what number to call for that person, when i click on contact 2, a small menu appears, i select phone and it immediately dials the cell number for that person, no choice. i went into the regular contacts screen and found contact 2 and in the list of his phone numbers there is a small white check mark next to his cell number (i am assuming this is the default number and why it immediately dials this number)
    my question is how do i delete the check mark and have no default number for a contact?
    i have tried deleting the shortcut from the home screen but the check mark remains on the contact screen so it defaults back to the cell number when i re add it to the home screen.

any ideas? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. moriwakis

moriwakis Member

Go into your contacts and view "contact 2". From there delete the phone number that is associated with your default setting. Once you had done that just add it back in. There may be an easier way to do it but this method should work.

may2700 likes this.
  3. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks, worked like a charm

4. desmofan

desmofan Well-Known Member

Exactly what I had to do, and have not found any other option.

5. marvinrock

marvinrock Well-Known Member

From what I can tell there is no way to have the default call number different from the default text number is there?