Delete Apps that came pre-installed?

Last Updated:

1. djneph

djneph Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everyone,

Is there a way to delete the apps that came pre-installed? I want to get rid of a couple I know I will never use, like Amazon MP3, all share, and Nascar.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

You would need to root your phone first.

3. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

You have to root, just to get administrator access to the registry of the phone. From there, I'm not exactly sure what would need to be done, but I can't imagine that it'd be impossible.

4. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

be patient, don't do any OTA updates and root with a custom ROM and most of the crap-ware will be removed automatically.

5. Warlock

Warlock Well-Known Member

Once you have root access to the phone, you can go to \system\app directory(on my moment anyway, directory structure should be the same) and cut the .apk files you don't want and paste them to the sdcard. BE CAREFUL. Don't remove anything but the unwanted apps, you can brick your phone by removing the wrong .apk files.

You will need a program called root explorer(paid app) to do this. Make sure you mount the apps directory as read/write(there's a button in the upper right corner of the screen), otherwise you won't be able to cut the programs.