• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Delete apps???

masttico

Lurker
Nov 8, 2009
Been messing around with the Moment for a couple of days now. The battery life kinda sucks but the phone is very cool. Fast downloads and the Android Market is great.

Anyone figure out how to remove apps that came preloaded ie: weather channel, bejeweled demo??

Also when you return to the browser it takes you back to where you returned to the home screen telling me it keeps pages running. Any idea how to stop or shut them down when you exit them?

TKS!!

you cannot delete the apps that came preinstalled on the phone. i can understand sprint only programs doing this but bejeweled demo. wtf? i want control over my phone. 1.5 is buggy, we need 2.0 update now. also use taskiller to stop running apps. been using it a lot since apps just start running by itself. -_-

Upvote 0
I run task killer program but they pop up as fast as you kill them. I have three weeks to decide to keep this phone or its off to Blackberry land. There are too many bugs so far. The biggest thing is the horrible battery life. It seems many are having issues so hopefully they come out with some download to correct issues. But I can see a Moment 2 being released instead. More $$$$

Upvote 0
anyone figure out how to delete apps?

or even saving to memory card?

Apps that you have downloaded can be uninstalled via the settings menu or I have a program from the market called AppManager that I use. As for saving apps to the memory card, you can back them up at the time being by using AppManager but Apps2SD is currently under development so as of now you can't run apps from the sd card.

Upvote 0
I run task killer program but they pop up as fast as you kill them. I have three weeks to decide to keep this phone or its off to Blackberry land. There are too many bugs so far. The biggest thing is the horrible battery life. It seems many are having issues so hopefully they come out with some download to correct issues. But I can see a Moment 2 being released instead. More $$$$
I have been using the Moment for several days and really don't understand what you're talking about in terms of bugs. I suspect a lot of it is user error, and unrealistic expectations of the Android phones at this time.

I compared my Moment to the Droid and a friend's G1 running Android 1.5, and the Moment shines in a lot of areas.

I am looking forward to rooting the phone in the future and putting other Android releases on it. When that happens the power and potential of this phone will become really unleashed. The software is always improving, but the hardware is truly great. And that's the most important thing.

Upvote 0
To delete an application you downloaded go to:

Settings, followed by Application Settings and then Manage applications. This will list all your apps. Choose the one you don't wants and it'll give you the option to UNINSTALL it.

Apps that you have downloaded can be uninstalled via the settings menu or I have a program from the market called AppManager that I use. As for saving apps to the memory card, you can back them up at the time being by using AppManager but Apps2SD is currently under development so as of now you can't run apps from the sd card.

muchograssyass!!! :D

AndroidSPCS,
good points. I agree. I have had one freeze up that a battery removal fixed and thats it. This phone gets better every day. This board has helped me a lot.

Upvote 0
You don't need taskkiller to closeout a window.
The "menu" button works as a browser specific menu while using the web.
Simply press "menu", choose "windows", and closeout the windows you are no longer using.
With only one window in the queue, closing the browser with the "home" key keeps it from
running in the background.

As far as battery life is concerned,
I have found that little things like killing the weather widget and limiting the autosync
functions have increased my batt life by a few hours.
Not an overly dramatic difference I know, but every little bit helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones