• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Delete cache files from microsd card

wrooks

Lurker
Aug 3, 2011
I have upgraded to a new Android phone and want to delete all of the cache files from my old phone that is no longer connected to a service provider so I cannot download any cache cleaner apps. Is it safe to put the microsd card in my pc and manually delete the cache files? Will that create a problem for the next user of the phone. I did a factory reset but that did not remove the cache files.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

You can format the card from the old phone or from the new by going to the setting for the sd card and phone storage settings. Press unmount sd card, then hit format and it should delete everything. Or they can use their own card and you can hang onto yours as an extra since most come with a new one anyway. If you are giving it to them though, It cant hurt to see whats on the card if anything after the formatting by looking on it using your pc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones