• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Delete forced apps?

I recently updated my HTC One A9 with the Android Version 1.64.166.4 and it installed the Facebook, Instagram and Facebook-Messenger App on my device. I do not intend to use them, neither do I want them on my phone at all.

Yet I can't delete them, it only gives me the option to "reset to factory status" (->the App, not the phone) or "cancel". I disabled the apps and "force stopped" them, but they are still there.

Any solution how to get rid of them for good? Thanks in Advance for your answers! :)

Hi

If they are disabled and you have, in playstore, uninstalled updates to the app, that is the most you can do without rooting your phone. Disabled apps will not run or use storage space ( they reside in the system partition). The apps are written into the system software and cannot be deleted without root permissions. In my view, it is not a good enough reason to root your phone and therefore deny yourself system and security updates.

Upvote 0
Hi

If they are disabled and you have, in playstore, uninstalled updates to the app, that is the most you can do without rooting your phone. Disabled apps will not run or use storage space ( they reside in the system partition). The apps are written into the system software and cannot be deleted without root permissions. In my view, it is not a good enough reason to root your phone and therefore deny yourself system and security updates.
Too bad. Anyways thanks for the help and the advice. Much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones