1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

delete frequntly called lists from phone?Support

1. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Well-Known Member

When i go into my phone app. Above my contacts it shows my "frequently called" list. How do i delete those and is there a way to regulate it or stop it from showing?

Advertisement
    :
  2. WishinItWas

WishinItWas Well-Known Member

When viewing the recently called list, hit the three dots in the lower right and clear call log
  3. zsthmus

zsthmus New Member

You cannot be able to delete them. It eventually stays there.
  4. Buckeye Boy

when looking at the "frequently called list" i hit the 3 dots, and i get 3 options: contacts to display,new contact, settings.

there is no option to clear it in settings either?:confused:
  5. WishinItWas

WishinItWas Well-Known Member

Oh sorry, I was looking at the general call log not the frequently called list :rolleyes:
  6. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

One way is to clear cache and data for the 'contacts storage' app. This may or may not be desirable as it will clear more then just the frequently called list.
  7. ukstonerguy

ukstonerguy Member

set it so that you close the contacts list while looking at 'the one face' in the blue line across the top, then hit the three dots list and choose 'contacts to display'.

Once you have that list set up, clcome out of contacts on the 'one face' display (this is your main contacts list) it should always open on this in the future, but it will always seem to open on the last contact page you closed. (just did a test, changed page, turned phone off, and then on again, back to the same page)
  8. Buckeye Boy

after i hit contacts to display, you lost me? there has to be a way to CLEAR the "frequently called" list. its as long as my contacts list. alot of scrolling:mad:
  9. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

Buckeye Boy... i dont know what he is talking about either.. i walked through what he said and it isnt the answer to your question. ITs something different
  10. Lohung

Lohung Well-Known Member

well buckeyboy the only thing i can see that would work is this try it out. I have done some serious digging about this for you and this is all i could come up with.. sorry
  11. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I believe you can clear your call log as mentioned above, but there is no way to disable the "frequently called list" .... at least not on stock android devices. Clearing call log doesn't even clear the frequently called list.