Delete "local" calendar on HTC Hero

1. asimeow

asimeow Member

After struggling with multiple entries from some botched sync jobs from Google Calendar and Gmail Contacts, I'm at the point where I want to delete all entries in the calendar on my HTC Hero and start a fresh sync from Google Calendar.

Is there any way (besides factory reset) to do this?

My problem is, if anyone has the fix for that, that even if I delete all events on my Google Calendar, after sync the entries are still on my Hero...

Advertisement
    :
  2. asimeow

asimeow Member

So no-one knows a way to delete an entire calendar on the Hero? I'm guessing that means factory reset is my friend :(
  3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Yep ... sound like it !!
  4. chris4chelsea

chris4chelsea Well-Known Member

there is a way...
    Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Calendar storage > Clear data...

thats it..

hope that helps
  5. asimeow

asimeow Member

Ah, that saved my day :) Thanks!
  6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Good one man !!! that totally slipped my mine ... duh wasn't thinking on all cylinders there :eek: :eek: ;)
  7. asimeow

asimeow Member

Another question, though. If I delete the entire calendar on my Hero, then do a new sync with Outlook using HTC Sync, will I risk deleting all events in Outlook?
  8. chris4chelsea

chris4chelsea Well-Known Member

good question.. i dont think so.. but to be safe just do a backup with ur pst file...
  9. asimeow

asimeow Member

Took a chance and no damage done. Also the repair selection in HTC Sync does the trick. Removes all data on phone (or on PC if you want to do it the other way around) and then transfers all data.

Ah, serenity!
  10. lugose

lugose Member

Serenity now.

My problem was with the outlook/google sync tool and now that I have removed it I needed to clear the data from google. I would have thought when I removed the calendar in google, it would have gone away on my phone too (or at least the data).

Thanks for the fix.
  11. rabrams

rabrams New Member

I also would like to empty the calendars in my phone.
    I feel like an idiot but after I clear data (and the storage amount drops to zero in the application manager) I return to look at the calendar and everything is still there. What am I doing wrong?
    thanks!
  12. lugose

lugose Member

You actually have to delete the data in com.android.providers.calendar.

It should be larger than 8 k or whatever the calendar app shows.

Hope that helps.
  13. rabrams

rabrams New Member

That did it! Worked perfectly. Thanks!
  14. maggerbee

maggerbee New Member

I need to delete an empty calendar too, how/where do I access "com.android.providers.calendar"
  15. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Settings-Applications-Manage applications, then select the app you want and "delete data". On my handset it's "Calendar Storage".
    forumsid987 likes this.
  16. maggerbee

maggerbee New Member

No... that just deletes entries, not empty calendars. This guy said this

"I also would like to empty the calendars in my phone.
    I feel like an idiot but after I clear data (and the storage amount drops to zero in the application manager) I return to look at the calendar and everything is still there. What am I doing wrong?
    thanks! "

and then he fixed it, by what this guy said
    "You actually have to delete the data in com.android.providers.calendar.

It should be larger than 8 k or whatever the calendar app shows.

Hope that helps."

But I can't seem to find where or how to delete that. I think I may have to root my phone? And I don't really wanna do that...
  17. SUNNYGA

SUNNYGA New Member

Following the path noted above should get you there. However, you might be looking for the application named com.android.providers.calendar which may be difficult to see due to the size of the name. I was able to find this on mine
  18. forumsid987

forumsid987 Member

This was great!
  19. lowspeed

lowspeed Member

So after you clear it... how to you get it back ? (the google cals)
  20. penright

penright Member

Does any one know how to on a Samsung Captivate?
  21. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

22. nymusicman

nymusicman Member

I have a Samsung Vibrant. Same method but in the applications area change the filter to all and you'll see the option. Default is 3rd party apps.
  23. danieljuk

danieljuk Member

restoring my phone I totally messed up the calendar data! I have multiple calendars for different things and different colours. But during the restore it all came from one account. I cleared all local data for it and then it was empty like you write. I just have a google calendar and don't sync from outlook. After a few minutes all my different calendars just reappeared with the google calendar! I guess it just gets the data again if your phone is signed into a google account and you have set it in the sync settings to sync every so often (or manually sync).

all entries have now appeared for me! in future I won't try copying local back up data back for it! its just screws things up
  24. pepedroid

pepedroid New Member

HUGE TIMESAVER! Thank you very much!
  25. pipercub

pipercub New Member

First I turned off the sync calendar on my phone, under accounts>google>uncheck the box for calendar.
    Then if you have your calendar in another application like Ms Office Outlook or on a server what I did was clear all my phone calendars, there were 3 under settings>applications>manage applications> (at the top hit all)> ( I had calendar, calendar storage, and calendar service) I went into all of them and hit clear. I then went to google and deleted my calendar.
    Now export your MS Office Outlook calendar. In calendar use File>import or export>export to a file>next>comma seperated values (windows)>next>click on calendar in the folder box>next>pick a place to save the calendar. I used the desktop and current date.
    Go to google calendar, click on settings under your calendar on the pane, import calendar. This takes a couple of minutes. You can extend the date you want to export to I used 2020 (figured I'd have a new gadget by then).
    Once import is complete go back to your phone and go to your account icon>google calendar> check the box that says sync calendar and it will sync only current information. I hope this helps. I drove me nuts:)