Delete words from DictionarySupport

1. bigjoemuzz

bigjoemuzz New Member

Hi, I have a Galaxy S2 on O2. It's great that you can teach the Swype dictionary new words just by typing them once but my dictionary's now packed full of typos and words I will not be using again. I can't find a way to delete words from the dictionary, does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. Remeniz

Remeniz Well-Known Member

When you have the text box and keypad up, click on the cog symbol on the keypad. Then go to XT9 advanced settings then XT9 my words.

There you can add and delete your words.

Also check out the XT9 auto-substitution list. Here you add, edit and delete your substituted words... It's very handy.
    bigjoemuzz likes this.
  3. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

if ur using swype, u can go to swype settings (in language and input, or press the swype key) and scroll down to personal dictionary. u can then add and delete words there. however, im not sure which swype version ur running.. if u dont see this personal dictionary setting in ur swype settings, maybe u can try the above post :)
    bigjoemuzz likes this.
  4. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I've never seen that dictionary option in any version, but if you type the bad word then highlight it then press the swype key it will then ask you if you want to delete the word from the dictionary.
    jnjlarson and bigjoemuzz like this.
  5. heshanj

im using swype beta, after removing the preinstalled swype via titanium. it has the dictionary option in this version. im interested to see if the KI3 swype version (3.8 something?) has it.
  6. kebark

kebark Well-Known Member

7. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt mind trying the new swype but I'm getting the impression its not possible. When I uninstaled swype so I could add beta I think I deleted the permissions for the official swype. Which kind of seems wrong as when I purchased the phone I purchased swype so really I should have the right to reinstal.
  8. Shotgun84

Ignore my last comment. After about 10 failed attempts it just appeared on my phone an hour later. Anyway it doesn't have the dictionary function. Pretty much the same as the older version. Just feels a little smoother and less random word suggestions.
  9. heshanj

hmm strange.. im on beta 3.25 and that has the personal dictionary option.. and more importantly, the word suggestion box popup is better implemented, it doesnt continually change the screen size.. however, u might be better off with the preinstalled swype, as when im using beta, each time i update firmware, i have to uninstall/reinstall beta, and with that, my dictionary is reset, so its a bit annoying :D
  10. glorifiedsins

glorifiedsins Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find the dictionary list for the android keyboard
  11. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Anyone found out how to do this yet? I have googled, and cant seem to find the answer anywhere.

Regarding the advice above, this swype came installed with the phone. Its version 3.23.89 and there is no option to access the personal dictionary.

At this point Im quite happy to delete the ENTIRE dictionary and start from scratch.

Anyone??? :)

Thanks, Lee
  12. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

If you don't have a personal dictionary option then my suggestion above should work for you.
  13. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

Yea tried that, but didnt work :-( I got the option to delete, but as soon as the start of the word came up, VOILA !!!! there it was.

Oh well, guess Ill just have to live with it !!!

Even tried cleaning out the T9 dictionary, but there wasnt a single word in it :)
  14. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

All that is left would be for you to clear cache and data for swype, but that would clear all your previously saved words.
  15. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

At this point, Id be happy to try that. ANy ideas on how I could do this?

Hawker, really, thanks for your help mate!

Lee
  16. Shotgun84

Go to settings, application, manage applications, all tab at the top and find Swype and clear.
    If you're on ICS it's settings, application manager
  17. ShellySpinelli

ShellySpinelli New Member

settings> language & keyboard> touch input> personal dictionary> edit personal dictionary

- tap on the word to edit the spelling

- tap the menu to locate the delete option...then tap delelte

- tap the + to add a word

hope this helps
  18. DogmanJohnson

DogmanJohnson New Member

Samsung Galaxy android version 4.0.4 keyboard hit the menu button left of the spacebar click on predictive text scroll down click on my words list top left corner hit delete and chose the words you want to delete.