Delete words from Swype dictionary?Support

1. MattIsGreat

MattIsGreat Member

I know that to delete words I've manually input into Swype is simply to highlight, hit the swype button and delete, but what about words that come in the Swype dictionary? For instance, I often mistakenly put in the word "Urea" when I want to say, "Yea." I don't see myself every needing the word "Urea," so I want to delete it from the Swype dictionary, but I can't seem to figure it out because it's not a word I made Swype learn, it's a word that came with Swype.

Any way to fix this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

No way to delete works from the built-in dictionary.

Hopefully, they'll give us a way at some point.

Curious if anyone knows if ShapeWriter allows that?
  3. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

afaik, default words cannot be deleated.
  4. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

You mean you don't usually talk about a waste product made when amino acids are broken down?

I find that that very hard to believe.
  5. big_raji

big_raji New Member

is there any way to view and delete words from the dictionary without "swyping" them to find them? I pocket dialed a ton of gibberish into my swype dictionary, so these options seem to show up at random.
  6. FrancaV

FrancaV New Member

I have a lot of gibberish words in my Swype dictionary also. Very annoying. Automatic adding of words to the dictionary was a bad feature decision. This should be a manual user choice. There are also some very odd words in Swype's built-in dictionary that I'd love to get rid of. What is a "wa"? It shows up above "was". Swype wouldn't let me delete it so I guess it wasn't my addition.
  7. iploya

iploya Well-Known Member

Is there any way to at least remove FOREIGN language words? I think something like "Yoshika" came up today when I tried to swype YOU. Wtf, is there some sort of foreign-language support that I can uncheck to at least limit the dictionary to English words?
  8. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Says in the Swype manual - "To remove a word from the dictionary, highlight ONLY the word you want to delete, and then tap the Swype key. A message screen will display to confirm that you want to delete the word."

It only works for words you added to the dictionary. It doesn't work for stock words.
  9. iploya

iploya Well-Known Member

Right, I think we've established that above. What I am asking is whether there is some sort of language plug-in (e.g. support for Chinese, Spanish, etc.) where I could remove all language support BUT English. That way at least it wouldn't suggest Japanese words like Yoshika, which I will never, ever, f'n use except to complain about Swype.
  10. eh_ch

eh_ch New Member

Don't know how they went from so right to so wrong.

From the autocorrect when trying to enter numerical data (Streak version would allow mixed numerical/text values, say "25lb" without interfering),

to the frustrating auto-cursor movement to the end of the word you are trying to insert the ****ing cursor into.

So smart it's not only dumb, but annoying. I'm surprised that I haven't thrown my phone at the wall yet. Or killed someone.
  11. RayRay814

RayRay814 New Member

Wouldn't it be nice if they (swype) had a way of sending them hate-mail? Every time I try to swype in 'last' it always, and I mean always, completely ignores that and pulls up 'lsat' ! Does anybody know what that means? Well, I looked it up and it's an abbreviation for 'Law School Admissions Test'. WTF? Really? When the hell does anybody use that on a regular basis? Especially with more popularity than 'last'. geez. Sorry, just venting...
    There are plenty of words and/or abbr. that I would love to delete. But that one is on my every last nerve.
    Please, if anyone has figured out a way to edit their encrypted dictionary, let me know and I'll spread the solution to others that need the same help.
    Thank you.