deleted all my sms messages,phone froze,shut off, and now it wont turn back on...

Last Updated:

1. BananaBoatBob

BananaBoatBob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im beginning to panic whats going on? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

This may be a dumb question, but did you take the battery out and put it back in? That worked for me when mine froze.

3. BananaBoatBob

yea i should have stated that i did that i even took the sd card out i even put it on the charger i even let my friend try in case i was bad luck...nothing

4. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member

So the phone shut itself off?

You didn't pull the battery because it froze from trying to delete the messages?

I know that when you delete a lot of messages, it will freeze for a few. And you have to use the Home key to get out of it.

Either way, it sounds like it's beyond being fixed by yourself.

The only thing I know to try is to Boot into the boot loader.

Hold the "Down" part of the Volume rocker, and the power button at the same time. If they phone boots into a white screen with Androids riding skateboards you are in the Bootloader screen.

If you can boot into that screen, it means the phone should not be bricked. But you may have to go to Sprint to get it repaired.

If it doesn't have a response to holding that down, then it may be bricked.

Either way it seems like you need to head to your local Sprint Repair center. And make sure they know it happened today so even if you bought it at launch you will still be within the 30 days. ;)

Good luck to you, and Happy 4th of July! (Even though it's now the 5th)

5. BananaBoatBob

well i just kept holding down the power and volume button and it finally turned back on

my messages did not get deleted it...so im just gonna leave them for now

also should i tell sprint about this because I DID NOT pull the battery at first, the phone shut itself off in the beginning

6. pgus13

pgus13 Well-Known Member

The 30 days ended Saturday not Sunday!! He wouldn't be covered by the 30 day deal if it happened on the 4th!

7. mattdouglaschambers

mattdouglaschambers Well-Known Member

Not to worry you or anything, but it sounds almost like you had some sort of vicious attack. Virus, malware or something. Could be from a bad app?

8. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

still has warranty!
    so no worries...

to the OP...
    i am glad it came back on...

what did you use to delete the SMS files?
    My suggestion is to use an app from market: "delete old messages" ... it works great for me on my Hero.

if you are not rooted and you feel skitish about deleting. I would do it at the Sprint store.. so they can see it!

9. BananaBoatBob

its acting fine now the reason i wanted to erase the messages is because the phone began lagging and i thought it was all the messages since i had thousands but after a restart everything is fine

ill just let it go for now if anything would happen i have insurance anyway

10. Clipp

Clipp Well-Known Member

sometimes when you shut down the device, it will not let you power back on right away. This wait time can range from seconds to minutes. I believe it's busy shutting services and processes off before completely powering down. Maybe it's busy handling errors or something, but there's definitely a wait sometimes.

Anyway, though your situation is a bit different, I'm guessing it's something related to that.

11. BananaBoatBob

possibly possibly i mean i have NO idea it was pretty creepy at first

what you said does make sense because after rebooting finally everything worked normal i even got sms messages that i received while it was down

but thanks a lot guys ill update if anything happens again