• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help deleted Calendar Storage.apk (no backup) MOTO G

JEC2014

Lurker
Feb 21, 2015
Hello, I carelessly removed the system calendar (including 'calendar storage' apk) so that I could replace with Google calendar (no point in have 2, if I only use Google).............I had some apps backed up, but not not that one. Now Google calendar (and Google Drive, not sure if related) will not sync. I have tried installing aCalendars, and that has alerted me that Calendar Storage is disabled (deleted)

I'm using Moto G 4G (XT1039) 4.4.4 (rooted)

I do learn from my mistakes, so I will ensure something like this never happens again - would someone please advise on how to get this apk back? I have installed Motorola Device Manager, but other than confirming that my software is up to date, I can't find any assistance

Thanks in advance

You can download the sock ROM and extract whatever files you need. Use adb to push the or a file explorer to do it from your device . Just make sure to set permissions and you should be good to go.

thanks for replying - I had a look into, but it seems a bit out of grasp.....I found what I think is a suitable ROM, but when I extracted it (500+mb) there was:
RET-EU-SS_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.46_cid7_CFC_1FF.xml ,
recovery.img ,
system.img_sparsechunk

no option to select the file I need? I will keep looking, maybe it's not the right ROM

Upvote 0
I do the seem mistake JEC2014, could you restore your default calendar app?

I think (as suggested) the only way is to do this via ROM (which I'm too chicken to try - I got a friend to root my phone, as it seemed a bit over my head - I'm afraid to start messing with the ROM and lose the root............will have to wait for same friend to sort out for me)

Good luck - post here if you find an easy fix

Upvote 0
You will need to get the apk files of the two applications from someone having the same phone and android version from /system/app/. That phone should also have root. When you have those files you need to move the files to /system/app/ (using file explorers which have the facility of root. Eg-Root Explorer, Es file explorer) and then install the files. This should bring the apps back.
I have also made the same mistake. I know the process but I cannot get the apk file. Can someone please upload the apk file of calendar storage? My device is iBall Slide i9018 running on android 4.2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones