Deleted emails from computer still showing on phone

1. KeoKira

KeoKira Member

Hi,

I use hotmail and have worked out how to delete emails on my computer when I have deleted them on my phone. However, when I delete from the inbox on my computer they still show up in my inbox on my phone. Any ideas how I can get them to delete from both? :confused:

Cheers,
    Vicky

Advertisement
  2. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

hey Vicky
    they should disappear when you refresh the screen
  3. Android1

Android1 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with hotmail.

Basically the Desire download separate copies of the mail which means you have to delete the messages twice.

I switched to Gmail and am glad I did now - it's 10x better. Switching is easy - gmail will import your old mails, and until you have informed everyone of your new address, gmail will pick up mail from hotmail too.
  4. KeoKira

KeoKira Member

They don't :-( Any suggestions? I may switch to gmail...
  5. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

yeh, sorry, i was thinking of another client.:eek: Gmail does it all, and syncs perfectly w android
  6. !Afrokid!

!Afrokid! Member

Hey KeoKira, have you checked "the delete mail on server settings" ?

Open the mail client then menu>more>settings>send&recieve and make sure the "delete mail on server" is ticked.

Once this is done, refresh..

Has this worked?
  7. ulstersoldier

ulstersoldier Active Member

Hi Vicky or anyone else who can help. I see you have sorted out the delete on phone then it automaticaly deletes on your pc but how did you do it cause when i delete on my phone i then have to go into hotmail on my pc and delete there too.. any help thanks and please step by step guide if possible
  8. KeoKira

KeoKira Member

9. KeoKira

KeoKira Member

The info in the above reply is how to delete them from your computer when you delete on your phone...

Open the mail client then menu>more>settings>send&recieve and make sure the "delete mail on server" is ticked.

Once this is done, refresh..
    ulstersoldier likes this.
  10. TinaT

TinaT New Member

I'm having the same problem. When I delete an email from hotmail on my computer, it still shows up on my phone. The other way around works fine - when I delete from my phone, it's deleted from my computer for me.

Very annonying......

Any suggestions?
  11. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

See the post directly above yours, Tina.
  12. blandmc

blandmc New Member

Hi all -

nothing works for me... and i didn't have any problem with this for the last 3 months, but suddenly the problem is happening. very strange. For both my OUtlook work email and hotmail... emails I delete on my PC are still showing up on my phone.

2 comments:
    1. There is no option in the android email settings to check for delete on server as noted above:
    menu>more>settings>send&recieve and make sure the "delete mail on server" is ticked. THIS DOES NOT EXIST on the ActiveSync Exchange Server, only on the POP server.

For the Outlook Exchange server the only options are...
    RECEIVE settings
    - Mail size limit
    - message format
    - update schedule
    - download past mail
    - include file attachment
    - sync when roaming (grayed out)
    - auto download message
    - folder to sync
    SEND settings
    - reply with original text
    - always BCC me

2. for the POP server which I have hotmail connected to... it does have the option in both the SEND and the RECEIVE settings... and both are checked ON:
    RECEIVE settings:
    -Sync deleted items from server [check]
    Remove messages from phone when deleted on server
    SEND settings:
    -Delete mail on server [check]
    On

But, I still have the SAME issue on both the outlook and hotmail accounts... mail that I delete on my PC, is not deleted on the phone. The phone downloads it and it remains on my phone... it shows it as bolded and unread and not deleted. Very annoying!

Does anyone have any ideas for a real fix for this? Thanks for any help!
  13. Peter P

Peter P New Member

Having exactly the same issue as TinaT, it's driving me nuts....any help appreciated
  14. gaultd

gaultd New Member

I've been using Hotmail with Exchange Active Sync very successfully for several months on my HTC Desire Z. The only shortcoming was no html.
    Anyway, I was prepared to live with that, specially since I could have my Hotmails & Exchange emails in the same combined Inbox.

However, since last week I've also been experiencing the same sync issues mentioned in recent posts here. When I delete a Hotmail on my phone it re-appears when the next sync happens. I have tried deleting the Hotmail account and adding it again but it makes no difference.

I'm wondering did Microsoft change something when they released the New Hotmail app for Android. I hate the inbox layout & colour scheme in this new Hotmail app but have had no choice but to start using it. This also means I no longer have the combined Inbox (one of the selling points for HTC)