Deleted emails keep coming backSupport

1. 44fred

44fred Well-Known Member

Since I'm an old guy with very little computer skills (I can't even post a picture apparently) I need some help.
    The last couple weeks have been frustrating due to deleted emails not staying deleted. Now if I delete from my PC or Ipad, they stay gone. If I delete from my N3, they come back within a few minutes.
    This just started happening recently. Kind of strange since I've used this phone since October w/o issue till now. Maybe an update changed things?
    AT&T store has been no help. They said it was my home wi fi and to restart, I did and still have the problem.
    I use Gmail for two accts. and one acct. with GoDaddy Workspace. All three have the same problem so I'm thinking it's the phone.
    I also read on another forum to go into settings and choose to delete emails from the server but my phone does not have that option.
    Thanks for your help

Advertisement
    :
  2. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

Oddly enough I did not have this problem until I used the AT&T Ready2Go app which sets up your email accounts in the stock email app. It started doing exactly like you said. So... I went into the stock email app and deleted all of the my mail accounts. I then set them up in the GMAIL and Outlook apps (although I suspect it would also work if you manually set them up in the stock app as I had originally done). Once I did this, problem gone. I suspect that Read2Go app caused the issue but no way to know for sure what happened.
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Go to your AT&T store and ask where the nearest AT&T Device Support Center is. Take the phone there (the support center itself is usually at the back of what lookd like a normal AT&T store - just ask where it is and go back there.) Explain what the problem is, and ask if you can demonstrate it to them. If it only takes a few minutes for the deleted emails to reappear, that shouldn't be a problem.

The people in a regular store are salespeople - they may know a little more about cellphones than you do, but most of them don't know much more. The people at the DSC are a little more technically informed.

It could be, as clitrenta said, Ready2Go that's causing the problem, but I've set up about a dozen ROMs on my Note 3, using R2G on all of them, and don't have the problem.
  4. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

That problem happened to me with my first android phone, a Moment. I made a mistake and set up both Gmail and stock email. Once I deleted all my accounts from the stock email, everything was good! Talk about a blast from the past!