• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deleted entire system folder!!!

jfever311

Jan 8, 2012
In a pleasant melody
Hey there, so..... I accidentally deleted my system folder on my old commando. No recovery installed, because ima idiot....

The furthest the device itself loads is just to the Gzone screen.
Now Loading

It is being recognized by ADB, and I can reboot using it and all. Now what can I do to fix this?! Can I just push another copy of /system to the phone? Can I reboot into the stock recovery? What to do?!?!

I haven't been able to really mess with it again, but just not understanding those links. I you had to push a copy of your system file from your PC to your phones main directory, what command would you use? Here are the properties of the file I need to push. What is the exact command I would need to use? Help please!!

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2013-10-17 18:26:32.png
    Screenshot from 2013-10-17 18:26:32.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0
Hey, I successfully pushed the system folder that I had to the phone, but now it goes as far as the little android dude with the exclamation point and the triangle. I think maybe something was missing from my system file?? So, I now need a stock m130 system file I can push. Do I have to now pull the corrupted system off the phone, or will the new one overwrite it?

Upvote 0
Hey there, so..... I accidentally deleted my system folder on my old commando. No recovery installed, because ima idiot....

The furthest the device itself loads is just to the Gzone screen.
Now Loading

It is being recognized by ADB, and I can reboot using it and all. Now what can I do to fix this?! Can I just push another copy of /system to the phone? Can I reboot into the stock recovery? What to do?!?!

if you have stock recovery:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot -i 0x0409 flash recovery GNM_recovery.img
fasatboot -i 0x0409 reboot
then, or if you already have GNM Recovery
adb reboot recovery
usb mass storage toggle->send M130 ROM zip over
install it
done

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones