Deleted Gmail Contacts...still on Dinc.Support

Last Updated:

1. JayDH826

JayDH826 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had too many contacts in my Gmail after importing from my Outlook address book. So, on my laptop, logged into Gmail (and the new WAY BETTER contacts section), I deleted about 900 contacts from the list. However, they seem to still be on my Dinc....where I don't want to see them.
    :D
    Any thoughts on how to make sure the contacts in my Gmail account are the only ones that appear on my phone?

Advertisement
  2. Tmart

Tmart Well-Known Member

If you open the "people" app and hit the "menu" button and the the "view" option you can sort all of the contacts on your phone by where they came from. From there you should be able to sort out all other contacts and erase them pretty easily.

3. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

Yeah it should sync. Go to Menu>settings>Accounts & sync>Google> and make sure the contacts box is checked to sync. If it is already checked press the Sync now button.

4. JayDH826

Thanks guys...now I'm getting somewhere. The boxes are checked on Calendar, Contact and Gmail. When I press Sync Now, the Calendar and Gmail "circle sync" icon spins, but the Contacts doesn't spin and doesn't go away. Does that mean it's still working?

5. mIQ Live

mIQ Live Well-Known Member

If nothing else, one option would be to reset your phone, or try removing your gmail account in settings. Then when you log back into your gmail from your phone the contacts in your account will come to your phone.

6. JayDH826

Doing a factory reset now. It seems to be the only way to accomplish this.