• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleted internet explorer icon from home screen

madmyco

Lurker
Oct 24, 2013
deleted internet icon on Samsung galaxy 3 note, after dragging the internet icon (small globe icon) to the trash from my home screen, it has disappeared! The only place I can find it is in application manager, but that does not give me the option to restore it to home screen or create a short cut to it, and yes I've looked in the Samsung app folder, it just simply disappeared...please any help would be great, running jelly bean 4.3 just updated last night!

And just so you know, Androids don’t behave like PCs in that when you throw something in the trash, it’s gone – there’s no recycle bin to accumulate potential trash. In the case of icons, no big deal, you can just recreate them. But in the case of a very important file, you have to be careful.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
If you won't get back your globe icon on the home screen in that ways as Jefboyardee described, you'd install ES File Explorer and use its app manager's ability to create shortcuts.
Start ES, choose Tools, App Manager, User Apps -> System Apps ... choose your web browser's icon, long press on it for to mark it ... menu More, Add to Desktop ... voila :)

Upvote 0
deleted internet icon on Samsung galaxy 3 note, after dragging the internet icon (small globe icon) to the trash from my home screen, it has disappeared! The only place I can find it is in application manager, but that does not give me the option to restore it to home screen or create a short cut to it, and yes I've looked in the Samsung app folder, it just simply disappeared...please any help would be great, running jelly bean 4.3 just updated last night!

It happened to me too... here is how I got it back.
Go to application manager, select All from tabs. From the menu option (bottom left) select 'Reset app preferences'. That puts the internet app back so you can select it it and drag it back to restore it to the home screen.

Reactions: flailer
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones