1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Deleted internet explorer icon from home screen

1. madmyco

madmyco Member

deleted internet icon on Samsung galaxy 3 note, after dragging the internet icon (small globe icon) to the trash from my home screen, it has disappeared! The only place I can find it is in application manager, but that does not give me the option to restore it to home screen or create a short cut to it, and yes I've looked in the Samsung app folder, it just simply disappeared...please any help would be great, running jelly bean 4.3 just updated last night!

Advertisement
  2. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

Just long-press that icon in the app manager, then drag it onto the desktop. At least it should work that way. If not, you can long-press an empty spot on the desktop, choose Shortcuts, then Applications, then scroll to the app and tap it.
    mikedt likes this.
  3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

And just so you know, Androids don’t behave like PCs in that when you throw something in the trash, it’s gone – there’s no recycle bin to accumulate potential trash. In the case of icons, no big deal, you can just recreate them. But in the case of a very important file, you have to be careful.
    mikedt likes this.
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

If you won't get back your globe icon on the home screen in that ways as Jefboyardee described, you'd install ES File Explorer and use its app manager's ability to create shortcuts.
    Start ES, choose Tools, App Manager, User Apps -> System Apps ... choose your web browser's icon, long press on it for to mark it ... menu More, Add to Desktop ... voila :)
  5. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Welcome to Android Forums. Thread moved to forum dedicated to your phone.

... Thom
  6. madmyco

madmyco Member

Long pressing an empty space on the home screen simply brings up an application list that should have that icon in it but it does not
  7. madmyco

madmyco Member

I will try Harry2's suggestions, and hopefully that works. I will re post right away and thank you for your replies :D
  8. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

The internet icon is in the Samsung folder in the app drawer on my phone. Just open the Samsung folder and long press the internet icon and drop it where ever you want it when it starts moving.
  9. madmyco

madmyco Member

It's not there
  10. madmyco

madmyco Member

This is the whole problem. ..I know where it "should be" I'm not an android newbie, been running HTC for 4 years....The icon is gone. !!
  11. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

Turn on anything in the turned off column of the app mgr.
  12. blueprelude

blueprelude New Member

It happened to me too... here is how I got it back.
    Go to application manager, select All from tabs. From the menu option (bottom left) select 'Reset app preferences'. That puts the internet app back so you can select it it and drag it back to restore it to the home screen.
    flailer likes this.