deleted my root file!! HELP

Last Updated:

1. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Tatonka hero..mysticmead..330d..jb in az..joehunni..anyone!!

plz help..

my root file is gone from my sd card due to accidently deleting it..is it possible to have anyone send me the file again or would i have to root my phone all over again??

NONE of my root apps are working..cachemate..autokiller..etc :(:confused::(:confused:

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

what root file are you talking about? There shouldn't be any file on the card that has any effect on how the phone runs. You can format the card, and apps will automatically put their required folders on the card.

#1 thing, have you tried rebooting?

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Like I said, had the same problem, restored original nandroid then reflashed darch from there with no more problems.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

This.

You can put in a new SD card and it would not change your root status.

Have you made any other changes to the phone recently?

5. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hmm..i think what me and joehunni just discussed was the answer..tatonka was correct as well since i'm assuming there isn't anything within the card that could mess up your root files..

for some reason..when restoring darch's 2.7 rom it removes the root status..not sure why but i'm gonna reflash it..that should fix it. now i just gotta go through the hassle of configuring my settings again. thx everyone

hopefully if this happens to anyone here then this thread secures the fix

6. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I wonder if it just cleared your superuser permissions, and something in it is a bit buggy at asking you for permission when you start a new app that requires superuser permission...or something like that lol

7. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

Well i had the same issue as he did, nandrojd restored to darchdroid and didnt have root afterwards, and i wasnt deleting shit lol.

8. Xavion2004

Xavion2004 Well-Known Member

I must have done thi at least 3 times flashing between different ROMS, just take your cd card out of the phone, use the card adapter and put it in your computer and just drag the ROM back to your cd card, put the card back in your phone and you should be good to go