Deleted photos on android-need them back!!!General

Last Updated:

1. smithy9

smithy9 New Member

hey everybody,

i went out partying last weekend and my girl deleted the WHOLE album on my samsung S4.

Can anyone help me, what to do to get them back?!? I didint make much photos since then, cause i dont want to rewite the space on my internal memory.

thanky you for your answers....

2. Thom

Thom Guides Guide

Welcome to Android Forums. I moved your question to the forum where your phone is discussed.

... Thom
    smithy9 likes this.
  3. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Sorry to hear of your loss - Not sure if there are options available - hopefully other folks will chime in.

I assume you didn't have your photos being auto backed up to google+ or dropbox or another backup site like that?
  4. march99

march99 Member

Someone on this board mentioned "Recuva". Look it up. I've never tried it myself but I heard good things about it.
    smithy9 likes this.
  5. smithy9

smithy9 New Member

I managed to "root" my telephone and instal a disk digger....
    I got back around 20 % of my photos all the others were clips pictures when i was using internet...:D

so if you delete your photos you shouldnt check web content as well!!!

thanks for your answer,

rgs, smithy :)))
  6. Rockman

Rockman Well-Known Member

I use a program called File Scavenger by Quetek. Its not real cheap, a license is 39.95, but its definitely worth it. Recently I shot about 250 pictures at pool party in the Philippines and thought I copied them over to my computer. I didn't and reformatted my memory card. I ended shooting with the card again. Even after all that I got back better than 90 percent of my pictures. Great software..
  7. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

One solution to prevent a recurrence is to have Dropbox automatically upload the photos. I have mine setup to only upload over wi-fi, so there is typically a period of time before new photos will upload if I'm not at home or the office.
  8. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

This ^.

That is exactly what I do. Dropsync automatically moves my pictures, screenshots, and a few other things directly to my Dropbox account (which goes directly to my PC hard drive) as soon as I take them, then deletes them from my phone to keep space open.