• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleted text casio

I want to retrieve deleted text messages and pics on casio commando. I have software that is suppose to retrieve this data. However, i plug the phone in using usb and the phones description on my list of drives says secure. I also went to the phone and made sure the debugging box was checked. I was also using a desktop with windows 7 and downloaded a driver I found on this site. I really need to find these deleted texts. Is this possible or am I wasting my time?

I'm not familiar with anything that will recover deleted texts.

For deleted files, you can look in your SD card for a folder called LOST.DIR - outside chance they're there.

The only deleted file recovery software I know to work is Recuva. There's a lot out there, most of it is bogus. Recuva isn't bogus but there's no guarantees with this sort of thing.

I know it sucks but the best advice I can give is preventative for next time -

Check out "Helium - App Sync and Backup"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

Welcome to the forums, sorry about the trouble.

Reactions: imalittledumb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones