• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Deleted Text in Handcent Then Has 12/31/69 Date in Messages App

Using Handcent for texts, but went into the Messages app and saw a bunch of "ghost" messages with a date of 12/31/69 (tap on the messages and they don't load). It turns out that when I receive a text it displays the correct date and time in both Handcent and Messages, but when I delete in in Handcent it goes into this "ghost" state in Messages. Has anybody else run into this?

yeah i just noticed this on mine too, ugh. idk what the fix could be bc they won't delete

I've been able to delete these "ghost" messages in the stock Messages app by clicking on Menu/Delete and then putting an X next to the ones I want to get rid of. Just annoying that you have to delete them in Handcent and then again in Messages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones