Deleted text message stay on the phone!!Tips

Last Updated:

1. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Go into your phone contacts and pick a contact you have texted. On the open field below the contact, slide to the right and you will see a list of every text message you have sent and received from that person even if you deleted the messages!!!

:eek::eek:

Delete contact and re-enter the contact.

Supposedly to be fixed with an update????

Un-frickenbelievable!!!

Some of the crap and goofy stuff I tell my friends, I don't want on the phone.

Advertisement
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

yeah, this has been mentioned on several Motorola forums

they're aware of the problem - not sure what they're gonna do to fix it

3. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

I think this has been addressed with the release of, well, the leak of 2.2 - I've deleted a sms I received AFTER my update and its not there anymore.

I thought this was a typical droid thing coming from RIM. If the sms/mms isn't from a contact it won't be there but you are correct, the only way to remove any thread of lines is to delete and add that contact again, which would probably be a good thing to do after the update - all those smss building up has to take up some space anyway.

But like I mentioned above, I've deleted 2 smss so far, that are contacts and they are not in the "left" contact screen anymore.

4. Gene3x

Gene3x New Member

I am assuming this was resolved? I could not replicate this with a newer android.:confused: