Deleted VV.apk and other file but Icon still there

Last Updated:

1. SeaGrizzly

SeaGrizzly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I went into recovery and moved the VV.apk and other file to an app.disabled directory on my phone, the issue is that the icon is still in the apps section? Any reason you guys could think of as to why? Actually now that I click on it it for some reason takes me to MMS messages and the icon is just called voicemail.

Can I get rid of that icon as I use google voice?

Advertisement
  2. Gh0stShinobi

Gh0stShinobi Active Member

No kidding...just realized that myself. I'd like to know that the deal with that is as well.

3. SeaGrizzly

SeaGrizzly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yea went back to my stock root nan backup and did it again just to be sure and its still there for sure!.

4. KB Smoka

KB Smoka Member

After I removed some widgets they were still showing up and I had to clear cache and they were gone. Just a heads up you will lose all of your home screens when you do this and I'm not positive this will fix your problem. Perhaps someone else knows for sure?

Settings -> Applications -> HTCSense and click "Clear Data"

5. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

This has been documented since the Incredible was first rooted... the Visual Voicemail icon cannot be removed along with the application.

6. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Just tried this but now sense is in a constant fc. Maybe because I have many htc apps disabled? I think I heard the only way to clean up those leftovers from apps and widgets is to do a factory reset/wipe.

7. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

you can not get rid of the icon... like said before so just dont worry about it