• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Deleting a Video

sneakymunkey

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
Good evening,

This is is my first htc phone (the desire) and I am loving it! I am trying to put videos on it and thought I converted one to MP4 last night but when I tried to watch it today it wouldnt play. This was through the standard app to watch vids on the phone. I was given the option to delete it so I did but although its not showing in the phone when I connect to a PC it is still showing in the amount of memory used up on my card, any ideas?

I am new to these forums so I apologise now if this has been asked before I did a quick search and couldnt see it! :)

Thanks!

I use a little app called Video Player: -

Video Player - Android app on AppBrain

All it does is list videos that are on the memory card listed by file name, but if you do a long press on one of the videos on the list, the delete option will delete it from the list and from the memory card.

For converting videos I use this: -

EncodeHD | Dan Cunningham

It has a preset for the Desire that makes converting vids as simple as dragging and dropping them to the app window and hitting Start. The ones I've converted so far have all worked fine and the quality is great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones