Deleting ALL contacts?Support

Last Updated:

1. Groundpounder

Groundpounder Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know how to delete ALL the contacts at once in my DX? I accidentally used VZW Backup Assistant vs just synching with GoogleMail, and I have a ton of contacts I didn't want. I figured it would be easiest to just delete everything from the phone, then just run a Gmail sync and be done with it.

Advertisement
  2. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

There are some apps in The Market that will delete contacts (Contact Remover, Delete Contacts).

Since you want to get rid of all your contacts and resync, I would just go to HomeScreen, Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->Contacts Storage->Clear Data

Then you can either allow the phone to resync, or force it, by going to HomeScreen, Menu->Settings->Accounts&Sync->Google->Sync Now

3. Groundpounder

Groundpounder Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you! I downloaded one of those apps, and it worked great....but.....

I went to synch with gmail, and it goes through the process, but then I don't have any contacts in my contact list. I forced it manually as well, no luck.

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

Make sure that all of your gMail contacts are in the group My Contacts. I think that only that group is synched with your phone. On your PC, you can do a select all contacts, then assign them all to the My Contacts group.

Then make sure that in the People app on your phone, you are displaying the Google contacts (People->menu->View->Google)