Deleting ApplicationsGeneral

1. pandaeatworld

pandaeatworld Member

Hi,

I have a x10 mini pro and it came with a whole bunch of game demos and other stuff on it that I want to get rid of but I can't find how, I've gone in to settings > applications > manage applications, it even says there that you can delete them from there but there's no uninstall/delete buttons.

Advertisement
    :
  2. bosshog

bosshog Well-Known Member

I would like to know how to get rid of some of mine. I did try easy uninstaller but that would not shift them.
  3. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

If you cant do it that way, i'm guessing the only way to remove them then, is to root the phone, sorry.
  4. galorin

galorin Member

Can we root the X10 mini pro yet?
  5. pandaeatworld

pandaeatworld Member

More than happy to reformat/root it, I've tried downloading the drivers from the Sony Ericsson website, but it kept all the original Vodaphone installed crap. =/ I want the unnecessary 6 pages of apps to GTFO :(
  6. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

It is crazy that some apps can't be removed when they're only demos - and only run ONCE. What the hell was SE thinking? Why weren't these put on the SD card??

Also, there are updates to two apps (Neoreader and Roadsync) and you can't update them because the apps are read only.
  7. cfc

cfc Well-Known Member

yes i would love to remove these apps but don't think there is a way

where does it say you can delete these apps?
  8. pandaeatworld

pandaeatworld Member

The actual text on the menu itself.

"Manage Applications. Manage and remove installed applications"
  9. jonmorris

jonmorris Well-Known Member

You can't remove the preinstalled apps, which is common on many Android phones where a manufacturer loads on extra stuff.

The problem with this is that you end up running things you don't want or need (e.g. Roadsync is something a lot of people won't use) and it's even more stupid when the demo games which can be run just once before you must buy them (and not even via Android market) can't be removed.