Deleting Apps/OE or otherwiseSupport

Last Updated:

1. Xpcgamer

Xpcgamer Active Member This Topic's Starter

SO I have installed Handcent for texting and would like to install K-9 for emails. I don't want 2 programs on the phone for text's and 3 (the stock one with the "E" on it, The Gmail one and K-9) for emails. I don't want to root my phone as I am waiting for 2.2. Have had phone for 3 days already.
    Tried searching already and got lots of info on K-9.

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Don't worry about having the the stock apps on there. Just use your 3rd-party apps and set them to the default. Change your icons in your dock and you'll never know the stock apps are there anymore.

Actually removing them can cause problems. And even disabling them without removing them (which does require root) can break all sorts of things when you do it to fundamental core apps like this since parts of them still handle the basic functions behind the scenes (versus some of the bloatware apps, which can be disabled).

3. Xpcgamer

Xpcgamer Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I have four icons on the lower menu of my home screen. Can i move the OE mail one to the app screens and the other Hand cent and mail app icon down to the same lower menu?

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Yes. See the Captivate FAQ:

Customization - CapFAQ