1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Deleting Apps on Samsung Galaxy SSupport

1. singingsister

singingsister Member

Hi,

My husband has a Samsung Galaxy S and has noticed some applications pre-installed on the phone that he doesn't want.

However he can't delete them! They don't appear in his list of applications.

Specifically "layar".

He's tried going into applications, menu, edit. But only some of the applications (and not the ones he wants to get rid of) have the red no entry sign.

Does anyone know how he can get rid of them.

Thanks

Sarah

Advertisement
  2. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member

Root the phone, then you can get rid of all the garbage.
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Unfortunately with factory bloatware the only way to get rid of them it typically to root your phone, and then use a third party app like Titanium backup or Astro to get rid of them. That said please be advised that once they are removed your phone may or may not allow OTA upgrades of the phones firmware. If removing the bloatware causes OTA issues you'll need to restore these applications and remote root to, hopefully, re-enable OTA updates.

Moving this thread to the Samsung Galaxy S forum...
  4. hardyaberhim

hardyaberhim Member

i dont think it can be done
  5. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Martimus - The galaxy s doesn't do OTA updates.
  6. sleeco

sleeco Well-Known Member

In the market search for APP Remover
    Brian.
  7. randyhk

randyhk Active Member

I have a bell samsung galaxy S. There's a lot of crap that I don't need, but I'm probably going to wait for Froyo 2.2 to come out before I can get rid of them finally.
  8. swbca21

swbca21 Active Member

I just did what your husband wants today on out two new Samsung Vibrants. I first installed "One Click Lag Fix" to root from the Market to root the phones.

Then Used the free version of Titantium Backup to uninstall many pre-intalled apps.
  9. felicia1981

felicia1981 New Member

I am glad that I am not the only person who doesn't care for the pre-installed junk that comes with the phone.... to be honest that was one of the main reasons that I wanted to root my phone, and I thought that I was going to be stuck with these programs until I found this posting.... I think that these phone come with too high of a price tag for the manufacturer to decide what programs eat up the space is crazy to me. Thank you thank you for this post!!!