Deleting AppsSupport

1. stupat78

stupat78 Member

Hi, I just got my new Galaxy S2 yesterday on the 3 network. It's my first android phone. How do I delete unwanted preinstalled apps? I tried the normal delete process and put the unwanted apps in the trash can but they are still in my app list.

Advertisement
    :
  2. shepo73

shepo73 Well-Known Member

Settings, applications, manage applications then delete the applications you want from there. Sounds like your just removing short cuts from your homescreen.
  3. stupat78

stupat78 Member

I have tried that approach as well but some apps don't show any options to delete in that menu, all the boxes are greyed out.
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the built-in app's then you'll have to root your phone to disable those I'm afraid.
  5. stupat78

stupat78 Member

Is that easy to do?
  6. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

It will void the warranty if you root the phone. I am in the same position with an Optus Australia version - full of crapware. They have about 16-20 apps. 2 of them in particualar Mobile TV has chewed up 4.7MB of network data, Music store 1.3MB!!, let alone sucking the battery down all the time.

After the warranty runs out next year - I will root the phone and delete all of there crap.
  7. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

does rooting actually void the warranty? u can always unroot, cant u? although if u remove the built in apps, i suppose u cant put them back. not sure about this. and if the built in apps are annoying u by just being there, u could create a folder called... watever u want to.. and drag them al in there. thats wat i did, before i rooted.. it doesnt help with the memory being used, but it helps clear any clutter