deleting calendar events

Last Updated:

1. ziggy

ziggy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i've just realized that deleting calendar events on hero doesnt delete on the google online calender?

how do i fix this?

Advertisement
  2. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

yup, and I find that creating new events on the Hero has a similar problem. Fix? report to HTC and hope they get around to fixing it in a new firmware release...

3. sundials

sundials Member

Hi,
    Couple of things you need to do are to make sure you have Data Sync set up by going to "Settings/Data synchronisation/Google" and make sure you have all the options ticked.

Next and probably the thing that causes the most headache is the settings in the calendar app itself.

Open the calendar app and press the "Menu" now tap "Calendars" (I think bottom left option) and de-select "My Calendar" and "Outlook" (unless you want to use these, but I dont :p). The only option left selected now should be "your email @ gmail.com"

Lastly and also most importantly! when you tap the "+" or "Add Event" in the calendar app and it takes you to the next screen where you fill in the info notice right at the top of the screen it says "Calendar" with a dropdown arrow to the right of it. Tap the arrow, here you need to deselect all but your google account. Once you have changed it it will keep your last selection as default, but from new its set to "My Calendar" which is why entrys dont sync with Google.

Hope this helps, took me ages to figure it out myself! ;)

4. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

Ho! sundials, you are a star! :)