Deleting "com.htc 2.1-update1" using "Uninstaller" app?

Last Updated:

1. basscommander

basscommander Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I was going through my Uninstaller App today to see what apps I really haven't been using much lately, because even though I have apps2sd, my internal memory is down to 23mb. Despite clearing the cache with cachmate. I have a bunch of apps, and know that they are all taking up cache, but daaaaamn, they take up a lot, lol. I have a 16gb, i think "kingston" sd card, and doubt it's a class 6 (because my wife got it at the sprint store), so I'm not comfortable moving all my dalvik cache onto it in case it screws something up, or makes it super slow. Sorry, got a little off topic. So I came across "com.htc 2.1-update1 10998kb", and wasn't sure if I would brick my phone by deleting it. It's obviously taking up some of my internal memory, and I'd like to have that room back lol. Does anyone know if I'll brick my phone if I delete it, or if it will be just fine if I delete it? I'm running 1.5, with Aloysius 2.1 LWP w/ OC. I refuse to upgrade to 2.1 and lose root. Unless someone has finally found a way to get root again after updating to 2.1?

Please help!

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

if you're running Aloysius 2.1 with LWP and OC...guess what... you're running Android 2.1... that's what the com.htc 2.1-update1 is... as far as is there a way to root after updating to official 2.1 yes there is.. is it needed..no it's not.

the only way you'll get more internal memory back is to uninstall apps that you don't need/use.. or move the davlik.

3. basscommander

Im still on 1.5, but running aloysius 2.1 cuz i didnt want to update to official sprint 2.1 and have to re-root to be able to run roms, overclock, and have LWP. Is it even worth it to update to official 2.1? Cuz i enjoy being able to tweek my hero to my specs. So im assuming ill brick my phone by uninstalling that file? And isnt it not safe to move dalvik to sd unless you have a class 6 card? Cuz itll slow down the phone?

4. spicy_mchaggiz

spicy_mchaggiz Well-Known Member

I just switched to Aloysius 2.1 this weekend, overall I like it a lot. Everything I was looking for in a rom and not overly bundled with 18 launchers and 23 filers etc etc.

5. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Bass, by running Aloysius 2.1 you are on 2.1, not 1.5. The Aloysius ROM is a 2.1 ROM. thus your phone is now running 2.1. All those extra features and widgets are only available in Android 2.1. There is no need to run the RUU for it as you already have it. :)

6. basscommander

Oh, ok, lol. I just wasn't sure because I still have root access on my Hero, which I thought I would lose if I upgraded to the official 2.1. I was running 1.5, then flashed the Aloysius 2.1 ROM onto my Hero. But, if I'm apparently running 2.1, then shouldn't I have lost root?

So, then I should not uninstall "Android System 2.1-update1" and "com.htc 2.1-update1", because it'll brick my phone, correct?

I really enjoy Aloysius 2.1, but I've been having a lot of lag problems lately, and can't seem to fix it. That's why I'm uninstalling apps I don't use, to free up space, even though I'm running apps2sd. Because I don't want to move my dalvik cache to my sd card, because it'll make my Hero run slow, since it's not a class 6 card.

7. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

For one, don't delete that, that's hardly any memory anyways. Also if you were to run a 2.1 RUU, you would lose root but there is a way to root 2.1, I've done it twice. That said, you have no reason to RUU, you're in a position most of us would kill to be in as you can simply nandroid back to running 1.5. You're already rooted so you can run whatever custom Tom you like, but should you wanna go back stock, you can go back to 1.5, which was better to most people.

8. basscommander

So all I have to do in order to get back to 1.5 is to do a nandroid restore back to a couple months ago, when I didn't have Aloysius 2.1, and I'd be back and running 1.5 stock w/gumbo kernel? (which is what I had before aloysius). Damn root rocks lol

9. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

whatever you were running when you made the nandroid, my guess is, before that kernel.